The team at SCAD Research Australia, together with SCAD Heart Attack Survivors across Australia are proud to attend medical industry events, forums and conferences to share SCAD Stories and raise the profile of SCAD Heart Attacks within the medical community. These have included:
- The Heart Foundation’s Women & Heart Forum in 2017 and 2019
- Speaking at the ACRA (Australian Cardiac Rehab) NSW & ACT Conference in 2016,17,18, including a panel of SCAD survivors answering questions at the University of Sydney in 2016
- Attending the NSW Cardiac Research Network Showcase & Awards Ceremony 2018 as a guest of the National Heart Foundation
- Speaking on SCAD in the NSW Nurses Education Program in 2018
- Jen O’Neil speaking at Gosford Womens Heart Event for the Heart Foundation
- Attending the Victor Chang Cardiac Research Institute women’s heart lunch 2019 where survivor Liza was interviewed by M.C. Edwina Bartholomew
- Attending & Speaking on behalf of SCAD Heart Attack survivors at the RNS Media Conference where Minister Greg Hunt announced NSW funding
SCAD Research Inc continues to apply for community, government and private grants to fund SCAD communication and to build resources. We have successfully been awarded:
- Women & Heart Disease Grant from the Heart Foundation to create and run SCAD awareness video in NSW.
- Community Underwriting Insurance $2k grant to run SCAD video in other states across Australia
- AMP Foundation grant for $5k which has funded this website as well as SCAD branded merchandise and event signage
- IMB Community Foundation grant for $10k to fund SCAD Resource kits for patients and medical professionals including patient brochures
The SCAD Video has now been seen by over 150,000 people via social media and online advertising with 106,000 views in full.
If you would like a SCAD Survivor or member of SCAD Research Inc. to share their experience or educate your team or organisation about SCAD Heart Attacks, please email Sarah at info@SCADResearch.com.au
SCAD Research Inc Australia is led by Founder & President Sarah Ford, with a management committee of Jillian Coe (Hobart SCAD Survivor), Tito Machado (Personal Trainer and Dietitian), Joanne Milburn (SCAD Advocate), Ian Naylor (co-founder and Public Officer) and Sidney Ford (Finance Professional and Treasurer). With Members from across Australia, SCAD Research Inc is supported by State Based co-ordinators who run our major fundraisers – 5k SCADaddles for Research: Luisa (Brisbane), Veronica (Melbourne), Jill (Hobart), Lynne (Launcston) and Marisa (Perth) who are all SCAD Heart Attack Survivors.